The quality of your website is vital to ensure that visitors browsing the site are able to find the information they are looking for and convert to become prospects or customers. We provide comprehensive functionality testing to test each element of your website to make sure it works correctly, uncovering issues that prevent a website visitor from completing a user journey, such as purchase a product. Functionality testing finds problems that may otherwise go unnoticed and improves the quality of your website.
Making sure your website works correctly
Functionality ares we typically test
Our functionality testing typically covers the following areas, however, this is not the limit of what we test.
- Menus, breadcrumbs and other navigational aids.
- Positioning and styling of elements.
- Testing page layouts and that content is displayed correctly.
- Testing the functionality of forms, different field types, validation messages and that forms submit correctly.
- Site search facility, search results and relevance of results.
- Testing the shopping basket and full checkout process.
- Payment processing of each card type.
- Login and registration systems including forgotten password and my account.
- Social network integration and content sharing functions.
- Testing all the required functions of the content management system including updating content, amending the site’s appearance and other site settings.
- Testing integrations with CRM, Email marketing, Analytics, Helpdesk and other systems.
The above areas are not the limit of what we test, each project is different and has individual functionality.
Functionality testing process
The functionality testing service follows our standard testing process.
- We review the specification, wireframes and designs.
- We create a test plan listing all the functionality and elements to be tested.
- We carry out the testing and record any issues found in our bug tracking software.
- All issues recorded include a description, URL, screenshot and priority.
- We provide a report detailing what has been tested and a breakdown of the issues found.
- Access to everything including the report and the issues found is through our client area.
- We can retest all the bugs fixed plus carry out a full regression test to make sure nothing has been broken.